The Power of Vulnerability

Being vulnerable means the action of being open and honest about one's thoughts, feelings, and experiences. It is hard for people to share all these things, especially men. The actual definition of vulnerability involves the knowledge of you knowing your imperfections and your flaws by accepting who you are and that you are not perfect. In today's modern world vulnerable men are associated with weakness but in reality, it can be a source of strength, courage, confidence, and self-awareness. Being vulnerable allows deeper connections and profound conversations with your peers. This requires a lot of courage because it involves taking risks and facing failure, rejection, or being made fun of. It also shows excellent self-awareness and personal growth because you are willing to let go of the need to control everything and perfection. It allows people to take multiple chances which can lead to mistakes which is a  path to learn from their mistakes. it is a fundamental part of the human experience it has numerous advantages and its disadvantages are social media pressure, mockery between friends, and toxic masculinity. 

According to Brown's Ted Talk,” The Power of  Vulnerability”  being vulnerable can also be scary and uncomfortable, as it often involves taking risks and facing the possibility of rejection or failure. She acknowledges that vulnerability requires courage, and encourages people to embrace their vulnerability as a way to live more fully and authentically. For this to happen we must have the courage to show up and be seen as Brown suggests.



personal qualities that need improvement I have a lot firstly I am a very reserved and untrusting person, this, in return, causes me to keep things to myself which in return results in the dilemma that I am unfriendly or I am arrogant or that I  have a perfect life. If I become more vulnerable and open up to people it will solve a ton of my problems and help me resolve conflicts in and outside school. The second quality I would like to improve and change in the near future is time management which is a big issue for me. I leave all of my assignments until the very last minute, and I also leave all of my studying until the last minute. In return, I  have low-quality work because most of the work was done in a rush. I was trying to produce the best quality work with a minimum amount of effort as it is the way schools taught me in quarantine. Time management is a very important soft skill that I wish to master in my life because it will not only improve my work and productivity, it will improve many aspects of my life.



Comments

  1. I like how you explain the term of vulnerability in depth and how you make a personal connection to it. To improve the blog consider paying attention to the punctuation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the imagine you included with your blog, I believe that they have a deep connection with your blog. I also like how you summarized everything with great terms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job of identifying personal attributes that could use improvement as well as noting the advantages of vulnerability while also acknowledging its drawbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more with what you've said. Being vulnerable is often seen as a sign of weakness, especially for men, but it takes a lot of courage to open up and share our true selves with others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts